Shadow Warrior 2 Game Review by Nahan_bokerOverview
2nd installment of modern reboot of Shadow Warrior. The game that rival to Doom back in the day. The 2nd game upgrades graphics, gameplay, menus, UI and many more. A truly next installment that upgrades the game. A must buy if you become fan after finishing the 1st game lol.
+ The graphics revamped so much. Theres a DOF, Dynamic shadow, better lightning, foliages now windy and moving, particles cooler, etc. Graphics truly updated. No complain at all
+ Blood and wet now visible
+ The gameplay is now felt modern, let me mention few:
+ The map is huge and provide more options to explore, vertical or horizontal. The base game felt horizontal and linear in SW1.
+ No awkward sight buttons in keyboard, now like modern FPS its RMB
+ No fall damage (thank god bcs this is kill me more than actual enemies in 1st game lol)
+ Double jump and dash (a thing that should be in 1st game)
+ Dash and Run is different now, also no more stamina. So we can rjn and dash without stamina restriction.
+ Every weapon now has iron sights with RMB, we can actually change what weapon to use in menu, no more forced to remember what weapon occupy what numbered hotkeys anymore. Also dont upgrade weapon we dont like.
+ Theres many weapon to choose, multiple pistol, shotguns, SMG, etc. Also each weapon still have unique special things about them. So many weapons!!
+ Upgrades of weapons is vary and contain elementals bonus that also can be upgraded, upgrades also to armors, etc.
+ The UI of menu now felt modern, even tho i kinda dislike the main menu and loading tho.
+ HUD also improved, theres minimap, an icon to show where you should go, missions/side missions now stick on right panels so you dont forget (i often stuck in 2st game not knowing where to go or forget what to do)
+ The gore/physics improved, now we can chops enemy to literal bits, almost like selling it to butchery size lol
+ The gun play also improved, no more bullet sponge feeling anymore and inaccuracy shooting far enemies. Headshot and hit weak spot mean something now.
+ We can hit friendly NPC lol(Finally even they judt spew blood and unfazed)
+ There is side missions!! I never expected a thing like this in game lol. Not only exp/cash they can give you weapons/upgrades!!
- The UI is better but the background menu felt cheap (Just still image of Lo Wang rodong his car fast without context felt like cheap unity games, thr color palletes is SEGA Yakuza white,grey, gold is cool. But the image ruin it lol. Why not dragons/katana/kanji/any artistic drawing of shadow warrior put with it?)
- The HUD felt too crowded now, SW1 HUD is stylish and simple, only show your health with numbers and weapon ammo. Now The health bar filled the bottom left of screen, bottom right is filled with gun icon that well we can see what kind of weapon we equip. Theres no holstering weapon in game so theres no need to used weapon icons that big..)
- Minimaps and hotkey M maps that bigger doesnt serve differences aside get map looks bigger. Why not as toggle to hide HUD??
- Secrets is easier to find and guess. SW1 secrets is blend so well with environtment. So its fun to seek. Now its obvious. Still fun to collect but kinda ruining the expectations and observing maps than SW1 to find secrets.
- The enemy design altought more uniques than 1st game kinda too cartooney. The 1st game too similar to doom ik, but the 2nd game design felt like from TMNT. They look more asian influenced but "Western style asian" than actual asian design. Its a love/hate things for me.
- There is less things to destroy.
Thats so far that i noticed lol, after I finished this might be change. I reviewing with smartphone so expect typo lol. So far definitely recommended