ABOUT THE GAMEreaktron is a snake game. Minimalist. Fast-paced. Multiplayer. Online. Couch. Powerups. EVERYTHING!
Sometimes, you need to reinvent the wheelreaktron is much more than an ordinary snake game! According to one of the developers - a slightly confused German neuroscientist - you could call it a psychophysical experiment that completely simulates the so-called broesel-physics. But then again, who cares?
With reaktron we tried to improve on a widely unknown minimalistic C64 game, which has been described as "one of the best multiplayer games of all times on all formats!" (Lagerfeldt, 2003-06-21). Easy-peasy. So we
- slightly extended the game mechanics.
- made it a couch-online-multiplayer game - quite a rare type of game.
- added the option to easily join and play via smartphone (no app required!).
- added power-ups, including the infamous and technically challenging REVERSER (it's time-warp mechanism makes reaktron probably the most complex snake game ever).
- and suddenly started to call power-ups reaktrons (WTF?!).
Early access featuresCurrently, a combined local and online multiplayer mode (there should be an established word for this. We propose the term "remocal" multiplayer game) lets you experience the game mechanics as follows:
- play with up to 12 (remote or local) players per match.
- play two types of levels: battle royale (survive or escape) and puzzle (unlock reaktrons).
- play a match of 48 rounds and collect the highest score to win.
- occasional puzzles spice-up the game and let you unlock up to 9 reaktrons (we could just say "power-ups" - but we don't!).
- unlock various Steam achievements.