ABOUT THE GAMEIt’s August 2021 and you're recruited by Nakagawa Corp., Japan's leading robot manufacturer. Agrihan, Nakagawa’s private island in the South Pacific was infiltrated. The robots are acting strangely. Agrihan ( Bot Colony) is a Mars testbed staffed mostly by robots - so you'll need to talk to THEM to investigate what happened.
Bot Colony ( www.botcolony.com) is unique in that it's currently the ONLY game on the planet relying on AI-based conversation as the main game mechanic. You speak in English with robots (or type) in order to advance in the game. Bot Colony will appeal to players interested in genre-defining games with novel mechanics. If you enjoy figuring out how to get through to robots, command them through actions and investigate - you'll enjoy Bot Colony. The game is played in an eerie South Pacitic setting where modern architecture and robots contrast with the jungle environment. It integrates adventure, simulation, RPG and puzzles into a unique language-based gameplay with a great atmospheric soundtrack.
You'll get to experience Artificial Intelligence that is currently in the realm of cinematic fantasy in Her, Ex Machina, iRobot, Blade Runner, 2001 A Space Odyssey. It's a challenging and entertaining experience that will make you realize how literally machines process language, and how much we take for granted when we speak with people.
- Type of speak freely and discover the story using your own words. The answers spoken by the robots is generated dynamically. Contrast with typical game storytelling, where canned voice acting is controlled by dialog trees.
- Experience the eerie atmosphere of a South Pacific island featuring ultra modern architecture and robots amid a lush jungle setting. The techno-romantic mood is enhanced by the original music soundtrack of the game.
- Play detective and piece together the events that took place in a house in a 48 hour period by exploring the robot's video observations.
- Work with the robots to scuttle violent sabotage attempts by robot-hating organizations.
- Game sessions are unique to each player: What you say controls how robots react and what they answer. Sessions of other players will have different dialog than your session. Every session is unique.
- Make the game your own: Teach robots new knowledge and new commands.
- Speak or type. The Microsoft Cognitive speech-to-text does an amazing job understanding what you say, irrespective of your accent. When speech-to-text makes mistakes, you can easily correct them. You can combine playing through speech or text according to your preference.
- Inspired by Bot Colony sci-fi novel, a near future industrial espionage thriller by Eugene Joseph. The novel ( available on Amazon Kindle) explores the verbal abilities of future robots and introduces the 5th law of robotics 'do as people do'.